Skip to content
- Within 8 hours, carbon monoxide level drops in your body and oxygen level in your blood increases to normal.
- Within 48 hours, your chances of having a heart attack start to go down and your sense of smell and taste begin to improve.
- Within 72 hours, bronchial tubes relax making breathing easier and lung capacity increases.
- Within 2 weeks to 3 months, circulation improves and lung functioning increases up to 30%.
- Within 6 months, coughing, sinus congestion, tiredness and shortness of breath improve.
- Within 1 year, risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half.
- Within 10 years, risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half.
- Within 15 years, risk of dying from a heart attack is equal to a person who never smoked.http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/